City of Patterson Welcome Packet includes additional information regarding utility service and other valuable resources within our local community (clubs, service providers, recycling, schools etc.)
If you have questions regarding starting utility service please call: 209-895-8040.
Bills Are Due and Payalbe the Last Day of Every Month.
Bills that are not paid will be assesed a late fee.
BILLING EXAMPLE FOR THE MONTH OF JANUARY:
Around the middle of December your water meter is read. The water usage is calculated from the last meter read to the new meter read. This water usage, plus the meter fee, the sewage fee, and the garbage fee, comprises the charges for December. These December charges are billed and mailed the first week of January. This is your January bill. You have until the last day of the month, of January, to pay this bill.
If payment isn't received by the last day of the month of January, a 15-Day Notice is printed on your February bill, which is mailed out the first week of February. Your February bill will show the balance of your past due January bill plus your current February bill.
The 15-Day Notice generates a $10.00 Late Fee. You have until February 15th to pay the previous January bill plus the late fee. If this is not paid by the 15th there is a second $10.00 Late Fee, and a 48-Hour Notice is generated. To keep service from being shut off you'll need to pay the previous January bill plus the late fees before the date on the 48-Hour Notice. If this is not paid before the date indicated on the 48-Hour Notice, the utilities are shut off. Once the utilites are shut off, there is an additional $20.00 administrative charge applied to balance. The previous unpaid January bill plus all late charges must be paid to restore service.
This process repeats itself every month. If you have any further questions, please call Utilities at (209) 895-8040.
What Are The Water Service Billing Rates?
(as of January 2015)
Water Meter: Flat Rate Meter Fee - $11.04 and
Water Usage Fee:
What Are The Sewer Service Billing Rates?
(as of December 2, 2015)
What Are The Garbage Service Billing Rates?
(as of July 2015)
Low Income Senior Garbage Flat Rate: $19.88 per month
Garbage Flat Rate (90 gallon Toter): $29.88 per month
Extra Garbage Pick-Up Charge: $15.00 per pick-up
Call Bertolotti for an Extra Pick-Up 1-800-221-1257
(Does not include Bulky Item Scheduling)
Bulky Items: Single-family residential households are eligible to schedule and receive TWO (2) free Bulky pickups per calendar year-dumpster customers are not eligible for this program. This program is by appointment only and pickups are scheduled on Fridays. Call 209-895-8040 to schedule your pick-up.
Deadline to schedule: Wed 2pm/ Only 20 per week. 1st come/ 1st served
· Set items out at curb no more than 24 hours in advance from scheduled appointment
· Do not block sidewalks, fire hydrants, storm drains, garbage cans, or impede traffic
· No alley pickups, must be curbside
· Items must be placed in front of your own home
· Small items must be boxed or bagged in disposable containers, not exceeding 50 lbs.- No containers set out will be returned
· Maximum area is 3 cubic yards(3x3x9) area, anything exceeding will be tagged and left
Common acceptable bulky items include:
· Tree branches no longer than 5ft or must be cut
· Appliances: washers, dryers, stoves, refrigerators (cleaned out, Freon removed, doors removed), water heaters/softeners, microwave ovens and range tops
· Air conditioners
· Toilets, Sinks, Tubs, Hot Tubs (must be cut in half)
· Exercise equipment, bicycles
· Lawnmowers (gas and oil removed)
· Doors and ladders
· Carpet (must be rolled and tied, no longer that 10 X 10)
· Outdoor Toys/Patio: lawn chairs, patio tables, patio chairs, large toys, grills (propane tank removed) and kiddie pools
Common Unacceptable Items
· NO Household Hazardous Waste: paint, varnish, motor oil, automotive fluids, car batteries, insecticide, pesticide, pool/spa chemicals, bleach, ammonia, household or shop cleaners
· No Tree stumps
· No tires, automobile parts
· No dead animals
· No household garbage
· No Tv’s, computer monitors
· No glass or mirrors
· No construction, demolition or remodeling materials
· No fencing materials
· No commercial or business waste