The City of Patterson is soliciting bids for the construction of Well Site No. 14 Production Well.
The work consists of installing and sealing a conductor casing, drilling a hole to a depth of of 555 feet, running an electric log and caliper log, and constructing, developing, and testing a 545-foot-deep public water supply production well, using the reverse rotary drilling method as necessary to complete the Project as described in the Plans and Specifications. The Work shall also include the costs for demobilization of personnel and equipment upon Project Completion.
The City Council Chambers will be open to the public. The public will be able to observe the bid opening in the Council Chamber. SEALED BIDS will be received until May 26, 2022 at 2:00 P.M. (local time) at which time they will be publicly opened and read aloud at Patterson City Hall (1 Plaza Circle, Patterson, CA 95363).by the Engineering, Building and Capital Projects Department of the City of Patterson at 1 Plaza, Patterson, California 95363 for the Well Site No.14 Production Well Project.
Bids shall be dropped off or mailed to the Engineering, Building and Capital Projects Department of the City of Patterson. The opening of the bids will be done in the Council Chambers at Patterson City Hall (1 Plaza Circle, Patterson, CA 95363). The Council Chambers will be open for bidders to observe the bid opening.
Bids shall be submitted in a sealed envelope with the name of the bidder, the bidder’s state registration number, the name of the project and the statement “Do Not Open Until the Time of Bid Opening.” Bids received after said deadline or without the required registration number will be returned unopened to the bidder.
1. A non-mandatory pre-bid meeting and project site tour will be held on May 10, 2022 at 2:30 P.M. beginning at Patterson City Hall. Contractors shall personally examine the project site prior to bidding. City Staff will record all attendees at the pre-bid meeting. Pre-bid sign-in sheet will be posted to ciplist.com. Appropriate social distancing will be maintained during pre-bid walk.
2. For all questions, please email or call (209) 895-8075. The final day for questions will be until May 16, 2022 by 5:00 P.M.
3. A full set of Bidding Documents is available online for examination at ciplist.com.
4. Minimum Wage Rates, as predetermined by the Secretary of Labor, are set forth in the Contract Documents.
Pursuant to Section 1770, California Labor Code, the successful Bidder shall pay not less than the prevailing rate of per diem wages as determined by the Director of California Department of Industrial Relations. A copy of such prevailing rates are on file at the offices of the City of Patterson, and will be made available for examination during business hours to any party upon request: State prevailing wage rate information is also available at the following website: http://www.dir.ca.gov/dlsr/PWD.
If there is a difference between the minimum wage rates determined by the Secretary of Labor and the prevailing wage rates determined by the Director of the California Department of Industrial Relations for similar classifications of labor, the Contractor and his subcontractors shall pay not less than the higher wage rate.
5. This project is subject to compliance monitoring and enforcement by the Department of Industrial Relations. No contractor or subcontractor may be awarded a contract for public work on a public works project unless registered with the Department of Industrial Relations pursuant to Labor Code section 1725.5.
6. Bidders shall furnish a Bid Security with their Bidder’s Proposal in the amount of 10% of the base bid amount.
7. The City of Patterson reserves the right after opening Bids to reject any or all Bids, to waive any informality or non-responsiveness in a Bid, or to make award to the lowest responsive, responsible Bidder and reject all other Bids, as it may best serve the interest of the City of Patterson.