Office of the City Clerk
Serving with Integrity, Connecting with Community.
The City Clerk's office is committed to upholding the highest standards of transparency, accountability, and accessibility, fostering a stronger and more informed city for all.
The City Clerk is your liaison to the City Council, researching legislative data and coordinating responses to requests for specific action or information on City-related service.
The City Clerk is responsible for the legislative proceedings of the City Council, Political Reform Act filings, elections, records management, public records -- including agendas and minutes. The City Clerk also conducts recruitment for the various City Commissions, Committees and Board vacancies when needed.
The City Clerk fills a variety of roles, from record keeper to public contact, and has a variety of responsibilities that include:
- Custodian of official City documents and records including responsibility for the corporate seal of the City
- Ensuring the Codification of the Municipal Code
- Responding to requests for public records
- Providing information about City services
- Serving as the Elections Official for the City
- Researching legislation, maintaining records such as legislative proceedings, and Council agendas and minutes
- Conducting recruitments to fill vacancies on City Commissions, Committees and Boards
- Serving as Filing Officer for the Fair Political Practices Commission (FPPC)
- Providing Support to the Mayor and City Council
Electronic Filing of Fair Political Practices Commission (FPPC) Form 700’s
City of Patterson Form 700 filers can use NetFile’s Electronic SEI E-Filing System to electronically file their FPPC Form 700. Electronic filing will save you time and it is easy to use! The advantage of filing electronically is that the system ensures that all required data is complete, eliminating the filing of amendments due to errors, and all data is saved for future filings.
Fair Political Practices Commission (FPPC)
Now online: statements of economic interest, and filings on your local elected officials are available online at the FPPC website. Please contact the City Clerk's Office at 209-895-8012 or 209-895-8014 for more information (AB1509, Government Code Section 87505 effective January 1, 2013)
Other Great Web Sites:
- How can I get a copy of the City Council Agenda?
City Council agendas are posted at City Hall (1 Plaza), Patterson Public Library (46 N Salado Ave), and at the Hammon Senior Center (1033 W Las Palmas). They are also available online. You can subscribe to receive City Council Meeting notifications by subscribing to the City Council Meetings & Agendas Calendar at our Subscribe page.
- Where and when are City Council meetings held?
The City Council meets at 7:00 pm the first and third Tuesday of each month. Meetings are held in the City Council Chambers at City Hall (1 Plaza).
- How do I apply for a commission, committee or board vacancy?
To apply for a board, commission, or committee, complete an application and return to the City Clerks office located on the second floor at City Hall (1 Plaza), email the application to email@example.com, or mail your application to P.O. Box 667, Patterson, CA. 95363.
- How do I register to vote, vote by mail ballot or change my voter registration?
You can register to vote online at the Secretary of State's website. Voter registration forms are also available from the Stanislaus County Election Department, City Clerk Offices, Post Offices, and the Department of Motor Vehicles. Questions regarding voter registration or voting by mail ballots should be directed to the Stanislaus County Election Department in Modesto at (209) 525-5200.
- How do I obtain a marriage license or copy of a birth certificate?
Marriage licenses and birth certificates are obtained through the Stanislaus County Clerk's Office. Contact the County Recorder's Office at (209) 525-5250 or visit the County's website for more information. They are located at 1021 I Street, Suite 101, in Modesto.
Aracely Alegre, CMC
Deputy City Clerk
Email Mayra Mandujano
Patterson, CA 95363
P.O. Box 667
Patterson, CA 95363
Monday - Friday
8 am to 5 pm