Rebate & Incentive Programs
Cash for Grass Rebate Program
The goal of this program is to permanently reduce the amount of water being used for landscape purposes. The City is offering $1.00 for every square foot of turf removed and replaced with landscape that is drought resistant or uses less water. In addition to these terms and conditions, the following rules apply:
1) Rebates are available on a first-come, first-served basis. Only one rebate per household, per fiscal year.
2) A minimum of 200 square feet of turf must be removed. A maximum of 2,000 square feet is allowed.
3) Only city of Patterson utility customers are eligible and must currently be maintaining their lawn.
4) Dead lawns are not eligible.
5) For front yards only, the applicant must still maintain 50 percent landscape in front of their home.
For the application or to view the terms and conditions of the program, please the following link:
High Efficiency Toilet (HET) Rebate Program
Efficiency measures such as replacing water guzzling toilets with the latest low‐flush toilet technology helps ensure future water supply and helps maintain low water rates. Replacing a high water use toilet with a new HET of 1.28 gallons per flush (GPF) can save about 38 gallons of water each day. The rebate amount for a qualifying HET of 1.28 GPF or less is $100. The following rules apply:
1) Rebates are based on a first-come, first-served basis and only city of Patterson utility customers are eligible.
2) Toilet being replaced must be MORE than 1.6 GPF. If your home was built before 1994 and the toilet have never been changed, you may qualify for the program.
3) Toilets must have been purchased after July 1, 2018.
4) If the toilet has already been changed out, you may still qualify for a rebate. Applicant must have original receipt and new toilet must be 1.28 GPF and be a Water Sense approved toilet. A post verification visit is still required.
The goal for the HET Rebate Program is to encourage a permanent reduction in the amount of water used for indoor plumbing. Toilets must have been purchased after July 1, 2018.
For the application or to view the complete terms and conditions of the program, please view the following link:
Free Water Conserving Fixtures
In addition to these rebate programs, the city is offering free water-conserving fixtures. Replacing old plumbing fixtures can save hundreds of gallons a day and can save you money on your water bill. As part of the city's Water Conservation Program, the city offers free low-flow bathroom and kitchen aerators, free showerheads and free toilet leak detection tablets. All you have to do is come in to City Hall, fill out an application and you are on your way to saving water! The following rules apply:
1) Supplies are limited and are available on a first-come, first-served basis.
2) A post verification visit may be required.
3) Only city of Patterson utility customers are eligible for this program.
For the application or to view the complete terms and conditions of the program, please click on the link below:
If you do not find the rebate program you are looking for, it is possible our local utility providers offer them. Please visit Turlock Irrigation District (TID) and Pacific Gas & Electric (PG&E) for water and energy efficiency rebate programs. They offer Clothes Washer, Refrigerator, and Water Heater Rebates, among many others.