ADA GRIEVANCE PROCEDURE
The City of Patterson has established a grievance procedure to meet Title II’s Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 requirements. Title II of the ADA prohibits discrimination against qualified
Individuals with disabilities from the participation of and/or benefit of services, programs, and activities. It may be used by anyone who believes that they have been discriminated against and wishes to file a complaint with the City of Patterson. The City’s Personnel Policy governs employment-related complaints on disability discrimination.
Before filing a complaint, contact the ADA Coordinator at (209) 895-8033 to discuss your concerns. If further action is needed, a formal complaint will need to be filed.
Complaints should be addressed to:
ADA Liaison Officer
Patterson, CA 95363
- Complaint should be filed as soon as possible, but no later than 60 calendar days after the alleged violation occurred.
- Complaint should be in writing and contain information about the alleged discrimination such as name, address, phone number, email address of complainant and location, date, and description of the problem. Alternative means of filing complaints, such as personal interviews or a tape recording of the complaint, will be made available for persons with disabilities upon request.
- Within 30 calendar days after the receipt of the complaint, The City’s ADA Coordinator or his/her designee will contact the complainant to discuss the complaint and possible resolutions. Within 30 calendar days after contact, the City’s ADA Coordinator or his designee will respond in writing, and where appropriate, in a format accessible to the complainant, such as large print, braille, or audiotape. The response will explain the position of the City of Patterson and offer options for substantive resolution of the complaint.
- If the response by the City’s ADA Coordinator or his/her designee does not satisfactorily resolve the issue, the complainant and/or his/her designee may appeal the decision within 30 calendar days after the receipt of the response to the ADA Liaison Officer. A written request for reconsideration should be sent to Fernando Ulloa, 1 Plaza, Patterson, CA 95363. Alternative means of filing for reconsideration, such as personal interviews or a tape recording of the reasons for reconsideration will be made available for persons with a disability, upon request.
- Within 30 calendar days after the receipt of the appeal, the ADA Liaison Officer will contact the complainant to discuss the complaint and possible resolutions. Within 30 calendar days after contact, the ADA Liaison Officer will respond in writing, and in a format accessible to the complainant, respond appropriately with a final resolution of the complaint.
- All documentation associated with the complaint will be kept on file with the City for a minimum of 3 years.