- Recreation & Community Services
- Youth Sports
- Volunteer Coaches
Are you excited to volunteer in City of Patterson's various youth sports programs? Volunteer coaches like you helped over 200 youth participants learn how to play basketball, soccer, flag football, softball, and baseball. By being a volunteer coach, you give an invaluable contribution to our community by teaching the youth about sportsmanship, teamwork, leadership, integrity, confidence, and health! Volunteer coaches are a important part of ensuring that the COP continues to provide Youth Sports programs. Without this type of volunteer leadership, a significant portion of youth sports programming would be unable to run. Through your participation, more children will be provided with the opportunity to take part in a wholesome activity.
Sports that need Volunteer Coaches
Junior Warriors Youth Basketball
49er Prep Youth Flag Football
Junior Giants Youth Softball and Baseball
Patterson Recreation Youth Soccer (PRYS)
Who can Become a Volunteer Coach?
If you are 15 years or older and can pass a background clearance, you can become a Volunteer Coach! There is no need for prior sport knowledge to become a volunteer coach. The City of Patterson's Youth Sports Programming will provide resources with practice planning, behavior management, skills, and drills.
All volunteer coaches must pass a background check with the City of Patterson Recreation Department before volunteer participation
Why do I need to get fingerprinted? State Law requires all volunteers to pass a background clearance with the Department of Justice prior to supervising sensitive populations, including youth.
How to Become a Volunteer Coach?
- Register on CIVICREC under Volunteer Coach. Make sure you select the sports you would like to Coach.
- Make a fingerprinting appointment with the City of Patterson Recreation Department by emailing or calling Caitlin Perkey.
- At your fingerprint appointment, make sure you bring a picture ID (CA Drivers License, School ID, Government ID, etc.). If you are under the age of 18, you will also need to have a legal guardian come with you to your fingerprinting appointment. Your appointment may be canceled if you are more than 5 minutes late.
- Background checks take approximately 1-2 weeks for processing. Once cleared, Caitlin Perkey will email you confirming the clearance and the estimated dates for the sports' season.
Questions? Please contact Caitlin Perkey through email or call.